Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Jul 10, 2014

Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Wash & Body Lotion Pistachio Cream with Magnolia & Coconut Milk & Jasmine Petals

Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Wash &Body Lotion Pistachio Cream with Magnolia & Coconut Milk & Jasmine Petals


Dove Purely Pampering Nourishing Body Wash & Body Lotion Pistachio Cream with Magnolia & Coconut Milk & Jasmine Petals

Dove Purely Pampering Lotion & Body Wash

So I have been trying out these products for quite a while, and I received them in a goodie bag when I went to their event. I was going to blog about it, and I even had the draft ready but it was just too much of a hassle when I didn't have any wifi.

Dove Purely Pampering Coconut & Jasmine Lotion 250ml: I don't really think this smells of Coconut that much, it definitely smells more of Jasmine but either way it smells amazing! The scent really reminds me of a body lotion I used to use in Sweden.

Dove Purely Pampering Pistachio & Magnolia Lotion 250ml: Although they both smell amazing this is my favourite. I am terrible at describing smells but this one smells kind of nutty. 

Both: So the creams almost exactly the same looking at the top parts of the ingredient lists. They are both pretty thin creams but they are still very rich. For me it is perfect for an every day body lotion after showering, but I know some people would prefer an even lighter cream for daily use. The cream gets absorbed quickly into your skin leaving it super soft, but if you use too much it can get a little sticky.

Now for the ingredients. Yes it contains all of the "controversial" ingredients, so if you're into natural products you will probably want to stay away from these. However if these ingredients are safe or not is not for me to say but they definitely do not affect the formula in a negative way. It also contains a lot of great ingredients like Vitamin E, Coconut Oil, Sodium PCA (One of the most effective and humectants, and is naturally found in our skin's natural moisturising factor, NMF), Urea (Also found in the skin's NMF and is known to heal cracked skin) and Collagen Amino Acids.

Ingredient Check:
Mineral Oil (√)
Silicones (√)
Parabens (√)
Propylene/Butylene Glycol (√)

Dove Purely Pampering Coconut & Jasmine Lotion/Pistachio & Magnolia Lotion Nourishing Body Wash 250ml: Now I absolutely love these. They are exactly what they are called "Purely Pampering". The body wash looks and feels like a body lotion but will lather when in contact with water. It feels super silky on your skin and smells really nice. I will definitely repurchase these as Body washes are some of my favourite body washes as they come in really nice scents and aren't drying. However, as they are very rich and moisturising, they don't lather as much as a normal shower gel which will mean you're using quite a lot of products and it finishes quite quickly. 

Ingredient Check:
Mineral Oil (√) (Petroleum)
Silicones (/)
Parabens (/)
Propylene/Butylene Glycol (√)

Check out my other Dove Reviews here.


Have you tried these products?
What's your favourite body wash?

xx

(*) These products were sent to me to review


4 comments:

  1. I tend to like Dove products so I will definitely give these a try. My favourite Dove product is the shea butter and vanilla body lotion.

    www.toandflo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, thanks for sharing! I'm also your newest follower, please check out my blog if you can! :) x

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will love to try the magnolia body wash.

    http://krauseshoenheit.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's what I was searching for, what a stuff! I really like the way you describe. A good body lotion is an essential part of a good skincare regime. So I regularly use Sakare's enriching shea butter lotion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥