Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Mar 26, 2013

♥ Earthnicity Mineral Makeup, Eyeshadows & Mineral Foundation

Earthnicity Mineral Makeup First Thoughts


"The Earthnicity mineral makeup line consists of 100% pure minerals - our mineral makeup  contains no preservatives, fragrances, alcohols, oils and synthetic dyes - our makeup is very skin-friendly while simultaneously making you look your best. Our products are also vegan-friendly and are not tested on animals.
Our mission is to produce all-natural mineral makeup for all ethnicities in accordance with our motto: "Beauty For All The Colours of The World" - bringing you a wide range of colours to suit every complexion." - http://www.earthnicity.co.uk/

Earthnicity Mineral Eyeshadows

I've got sent these gorgeous samples from a UK brand called Earthnicity. So far I am very impressed. I haven't tried a lot of mineral makeup before, only eyeshadows. I've liked them but thought they were a bit messy. This is definitely not the case with these! I will post a look I created using some of the eyeshadows tomorrow.

Earthnicity Mineral Eyeshadows

Eyeshadows: As I said below, I've only tried a couple so far but as you can see on the swatches below, these have great pigmentation! One thing that surprised me was that the consistency of the eyeshadow "powder" was very creamy, I believe it is because it is a very fine powder. It has surprisingly little fall out (less than my solid eyeshadows) which is a huge plus.

Mineral Foundation, shade: warm caramel: Let me start of by saying that I have been wanting to try a mineral/powder foundation forever! Only reason I haven't tried is because I do know that they tend to be quite price (Earthnicity however, offer samples on the website). Now the problem was my shade, I never find my shade of foundation, nor powder- probably why I don't use either. But with the description: "For lightly tanned skin with warm undertones...light mixed-race African Caribbeans. For those with lighter skin..." (I've shortened this quote), I thought hey, that's me. And it turns out the shade was a perfect match. Oh I tried wearing this today to work and my supervisor said that my skin looked great, for someone to observe that the result must have been pretty good. 

Earthnicity Mineral Eyeshadows Swatches

Please note that this is not a review, I always like to do a first thoughts post with a lot of pictures and how I've been getting on so far. Also, I was soo excited about this orange shade below. As with the mineral foundation- this is another random makeup item I've been yearning (lol) for forever! That exact orange shade I mean..

Earthnicity Orange Mineral Eyeshadow

Do you use mineral makeup? 
Have you heard of this brand, and what do you think of the shades?

xx



10 comments:

  1. I LOVE mineral makeup, especially handmade indie brands like Darling Girl cosmetics, Femme Fatale cosmetics, Meow cosmetics and Chequered Lily Apothocary. The formulas are so smooth and creamy and pigmented beyond anything pressed! Not to mention the color range and uniqueness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE mineral makeup, especially handmade indie brands like Darling Girl cosmetics, Femme Fatale cosmetics, Meow cosmetics and Chequered Lily Apothocary. The formulas are so smooth and creamy and pigmented beyond anything pressed! Not to mention the color range and uniqueness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely loving these warm earthy colours. I am a fan of mineral makeup too! A Fine Balance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours!
    Are you following me on bloglovin dear?
    MaryFashionLove

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool colors i love this brand, looks sharp and smooth, will be buying soon.
    kisses.
    rock4less.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great hun! i have used Sheer cover before it was good

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just checked the website, i am so impressed, they got sample kit for 5 pounds amazing!!! am def buying soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. I’ll give you a link on your web blog. I recently came to know about www.avanaaustralia.com, their Mineral Makeup products are very effective.
    Natural Skincare Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥