WINTER/AUTUMN ESSENTIALS I would be lying if I said I was excited about winter slowly creeping up on us, what is there to be excited about? Snow, freezing cold, rain, rain mixed with snow..? Anyway it is quite cosy though to have a nice warm shower or both since it is so cold outside.. and inside.
It is also important to give your skin some extra nourishment when dealing with cold temperatures as skin tends to get more dry. It might be a good idea to switch your products from "for normal skin" to "for dry skin". If you travel by public transport often or your just prone to get colds- double up your Vitamin C and other immune system boosting vitamins such as Omega 3.
Here is what I use to ensure my skin never feels dry during winter times :)
1. Holland & Barett Vitamin E Oil, to take extra care of your skin, add this to lip balm, cuticle oil, hand cream or wherever needed. Buy it here
2. Oils, oils, oils! Definitely make your own oil mix, it could be one, two or ten oils. For a nice smell add an essential oil. Use it as a bath oil, hair or or instead of a body lotion after you've showered.
3. Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector, read my review here. This is amazing for anyone who suffers from super dry hands or eczema or other skin conditions. Buy it here
4. Neal's Yard and Remedies Bee Lovely Bath & Shower Gel, read my review here. Ahh, the more I use this the more I love it. It's so non-drying and smells like fresh oranges! You can just feel that it isn't harsh on your skin. It is of course sulfate free, skip the Sulfates this winter and you'll see that your skin won't be as dry. Buy it here
5. Tesco Slow Release Vitamin C, to combat those runny noses! Having colds can be really annoying and I often tend to get many throughout the winter. Continue to eat healthy and take your multivitamins but take Extra Vitamin C daily!. Omega 3 fish oil capsules can also help. This one is allergen free and only £1.99. Buy it here.
6. DIY Facial Oil, check out the recipe/DIY here. This is a must for winter. Use your normal face cream in the morning, but use this in the evening before you go to bed.
7. Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Cream, don't forget your feet guys. Cracked heels and dry feet are not a good look. Don't forget to apply lotion to your feet every day after you shower and use a foot cream like the one pictured ever so often.
What are your winter essentials?
And how do you change your skin regime for the winter :) ?