Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Oct 24, 2012

♥ Garnier Respons Shampoo Avocado Oil & Shea Butter Review

Garnier Respons Shampoo Avocado Oil & Shea Butter Review



I mentioned in this empties post featuring the conditioner that I bought these when I was in Sweden, because I travelled with hand luggage only and couldn't bring anything else. They are both silicone and paraben free which is great, however the shampoo does contain Sulfates.



Shampoo- It is quite fragranced and lathers up quite a lot. If it dries my hair or not I can't really say because I always do a hot oil treatment before shampooing, especially if I for some reason use a Sulfate one. However after coming back from Sweden my scalp was quite itchy so it could well be from using a harsh shampoo. For someone who uses Sulfate shampoos and don't have a sensitive scalp, I'd say go for it. I will still use this for when I need sulfate shampoo though.
CONCLUSION: Use this once a month or so to remove hair product buildup or when you've used products containing silicones.


Conditioner- To start with, a ridiculously small bottle for a conditioner. You afro haired girls know that one wash requires the equivalent of this bottle lol. I guess for people with straight hair it's okey. Anyway the formula is a bit hard, by hard I mean it feels similar to when you put a protein treatment in your head. Not sure why since it doesn't contain any proteins. The ingredients are pretty decent and it contains Stearamido-Propyl Dimethylamine which is an antistatic agent that can also be used as a mild cleanser.
CONCLUSION: Great if you are a co-washer (a person who uses conditioner to wash their hair)! It contains nourishing oils at the top and a few gentle cleansing agents at the bottom of the ingredient list.


Have you seen Garnier's Shea Butter & Avocado Oil products? I've only seen them in Sweden.

xx





4 comments:

  1. I just love your blog Yolanda. Keep up the good work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the new layout dear!!!
    Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these sound yummy!
    Shame it isn't available in the uk.


    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like great and affordable products. I like that they don't contain silicones.


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥