DIY HAIR DEEP CONDITIONER This is a super easy DIY for you guys. I have to admit I haven't used a deep conditioner in a long while. Before I used to always use them when I washed my hair, instead of conditioner. But since I found my favourite detangling conditioner from Tresemme I just haven't been bothered. If you are the same as me, you have a favourite affordable conditioner, but would like a deep conditioner once in a while, this is the DIY for you!
What is a deep conditioner? I don't know what it is technically but in my own words I would say that it is a conditioner with extra:
- Nourishment (Oils, Butters Etc.)
- Protein (Silk, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein Etc)
- Moisture (Glycerin, Honey)
So what can you add to your own conditioner?
- For nourishment: Oils & Butters like Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil etc. For an itchy scalp add Peppermint Essential Oil
- For protein: Avocado, Egg (If you add egg, don't apply any heat to your head), Mayonnaise
- For moisture: Honey, glycerin (If you have that lying around, I don't lol)
I didn't have any avocado, mayonnaise at this time and I wanted to apply heat so I didn't use an egg. Instead I used a conditioner containing a lot of protein. For moisture I used honey and for extra nourishment I used Olive Oil. This is not my oil of choice but I had some to finish.
Ps. If you have all the ingredients I listed above the last pic- you can them on your own, just make sure you blend them properly. Check out my DIY Protein Treatment here (using similar ingredients): http://yolandaas.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/diy-protein-avocado-hair-treatment.html
Do you deep condition your hair? What do you use? :)