Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Sep 9, 2012

♥ Skin Care- SPF for face comparison


All of us have probably heard of the importance of SPF  in your daily facial moisturiser by now. I had been meaning to buy one for so long but I really wanted a more natural, and affordable option. The two to the far right are for the face specifically and the left one from M&S is for body & face.

These are all really different so I thought I'd compare them all and tell you which one of these I love!

£15, Marks & Spencers SUNCARE SPF  30-

Result: This is for face and body and it really works. After staying in the sun with this on my body I got less of a tan (than the day before when I didn't use it), and my skin didn't feel sensitive/burnt from the sun.

Ingredient Check: Ingredient wise this is not the best. It contains Parabens, Silicones, Butylene Glycol & Propylene Glycol. The silicones and Butylene Glycol are very high up in the list.

Price: It is £5 and the formula is really thin for a body & face cream and lasts for long. Therefor I think it's very affordable.

Get this if: You don't really care about ingredients, you want one SPF for your whole body which is affordable.


£2.50 Superdrug Simply Pure SPF 15 Face Cream for Sensitive Skin

Result: This is for face only and I loooove this. The formula is slightly white when you apply it but sinks in within seconds. It's very light and your skin will absorb it super quickly and leave your skin very soft. 

Ingredient Check: The Spf in this is Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (I was slightly worried to use this ingredient until I saw it in Neal's Yard and Rememdies lemon grass sun spray- I trust their judgement). The fifth ingredient is Glycerin which is an humectant. In the middle of the ingredient list is Shea Butter and Almond Oil & in the bottom there is one silicone. 

Price: This is £2.50 (or something like that) for a tube of 75 ml. Super cheap!

Get this if: You want something extremely affordable that will still have good quality ingredients for your face. This is the perfect everyday face SPF!

! There is a very similar cream to this one which is not for sensitive skin, it has similar packaging but this contains Mineral Oil. So don't get the wrong one :) 

£9-12 Lavera Anti Aging Sun Milk SPF 15

Result: Even though it has got the same SPF factor as the previous one, this feels like it will protect your skin more against the sun. The SPF agent in this is Zinc Oxide and it is extremely water repellant (after applying it only once in the morning, you will still feel that it's pretty hard to wash off in the evening). Also, it is slightly thicker and makes your skin look extremely white! This is the biggest disadvantage to this cream- I tried to time it, and it seems that the "whiteness" disappears after approximately five minutes. Not your to-go SPF in other words. 

Ingredient Check: The top ingredients are Zinc Oxide, Cetyl Alcohol among many. Then about 2/3 of the whole ingredient list is filled with oils and butters like- Olive Oil, Sunflower Oil, Almond Oil, Shea Butter & Aloe Vera Gel. 

Price: This is £9-12 for 30 ml only. To me, this is really pricey and since it wasn't amazing- I don't think I will repurchase.

Get this if: Remember, this has anti-aging properties. So I would say if your main reason for using SPF is to stay young/prevent wrinkles- this is the cream for you! Mature skin often needs more hydration which makes it a good match to this skin since it's pretty thick and has many nourishing properties to it.


So what's the conclusion? 


  • For the non-fussy person who just wants something affordable that still works: M&S SPF
  • The bargain hunter who still wants decent ingredients- Superdrug Simpy Pure SPF
  • For the ingredient aware mature lady who doesn't mind a hefty price tag- Lavera SPF

What face creams with SPF do you recommend? If you have written a review.. link it to me?

x


 Twitter  || Facebook || Bloglovin || Hello Cotton || Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Think I'll have to look out for the Superdrug one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post hun, I hate that some of my high end moisturiser from Clarins don't have Spf in them however I tend to use Olay Essentials Complete care fluid w Spf15 which I love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥