Afro hair + Beauty + Fashion + Fitness

Sep 17, 2012

♥ CHANEL Firming & Smoothing Fluid Makeup

Chanel LIFT LUMIERE Firming And Smoothing Fluid Makeup SPF 15

"This unique age-minimizing formula is the consummate skin-caring makeup, with weightless medium to full coverage, and a natural luminous finish. A SOFT CRYSTAL LUMIÈRE™ complex visibly diminishes the look of wrinkles and fine lines, setting makeup imperceptibly and controlling shine without a hint of chalkiness. Emollients deliver essential hydration, and firming polymers provide skin with an impeccably smooth surface and the look and feel of an immediate 'lift'."

That is how this foundation is described on the CHANEL website. Do I agree? Well I don't have any wrinkles but I would say that this foundation suits me very well. I don't wear foundation daily, not even weekly. So when I do, it's because I want great coverage- and I think that this does  give great coverage and gives a more flawless makeup 'ed look. It's definitely matte, not at all dewy and I love that it has SPF 15. I actually really like this and if it wasn't so expensive, I'd buy it!



The packaging is sleek and pretty expensive looking which is what you would except from a foundation of this brand. However, it is slightly misleading (at least to me) since this is NOT the shade of the foundation. I'm guessing all shades have the same colour on the bottle..


This is what the product looks like non- blended and lightly blended. 


I found a great site for full ingredient lists: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=47639 (<-Click to view the ingredients for this foundation)

Quick ingredient check:
  • Mineral Oils ( ) 
  • Silicones (x)
  • Parabens (x)
  • Propylene/Butylene Glycol (x)

Oh, this is my mum's foundaition by the way, if anyone was wondering why I kept writing I don't buy high end products and the ingredients arn't very good. I'm glad she is always tanned so that even though she is white she wears the same shade as me.

Have you tried this? What's your favourite foundation?

x



 


Twitter  || Facebook || Bloglovin || Hello Cotton || Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Nice review! I haven't tried this! I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation also SPF 15. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My biggest problem is the price. I loved the Chanel powder I had but I seriously used that thing up in a couple of weeks! What would be the closest to this without the price? Hm... :)

    Angela @ the lovely cup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this one but I'm a big fan of Chanel's Perfection Lumiere, it's one of my faves xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, im only mid 20s&certainly don need no lifting or firming as of yet haha, great review hun I love Chanel Perfection Lumiere and most Chanel stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav foundation is definitely Vitalumiere Aqua by Chanel.
    x


    http://makeupbynora.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, making me super happy!
I reply to every single comment, but it might take a couple of days.

If you tweet me @yolandaas I will reply immediately :)

Have a great day ♥